Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Dipshit one, dipshit two, dipshit red, dipshit blue

My friend and I were talking today about the next presidential election, and I was once again reminded of the lack of choices offered to the American people. On the one hand, there is the possibility of Condoleeza Rice representing the republican party, which I suppose is an interesting thought, having the first black president also be a woman. But altogether, I still feel she would not be an effective leader; like G-Dub, she would most likely surround herself with people who would tell her how to think, and be little more than a puppet. However, I would still take her over Mrs. Clinton any day. As a point of fact, I would rather masturbate with sandpaper than have Hillary as president. That said, I'm going to have to pull out the sandpaper after the next election, because she will most likely be the victor. Not because everyone agrees with her ideas implicitly, so much as they like her better than the opposing side. And that, my friends, is exactly the problem; we are given the choice between A and B, with no other real options. Now granted, there is a wide assortment of alternate parties, but none that are really viable. I have considered voting for a third party candidate, if for no other reason than to at least say I actually did something to change things, as opposed to just pissing and moaning about it. But I have never been able to find one I would actually want to come to power. For example, I took a temporary interest in the Independant American Party, but saw almost instantly the potential problems that might arise in the future. Any group with such hard-core right-wing values would inevitably lead to religious persecution. I considered being a Libertarian, but, I don't support the use of marijuana, so that was a bust(No pun intended.). Of course, I had to check out the American Expansionist Party; yes, they do actually exist. Frankly, I think it would be interesting to annex Canada and Mexico, but not especially practical. So here I am, back at square one, forced to choose between liberal or conservative. I choose conservative, but cannot support it wholeheartedly. Just like millions of other Americans, I am rapidly losing my faith in the democratic process. We must create a viable third party, or the country will always be ruled by the extreme right, or the extreme left. Things have to change.
"Always remember, Hitler was elected in a free democratic election." -George Carlin


Ah salaam aleah coom, bitches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home