Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Not gonna happen.

Okay, this is one of my few truly hardcore right-wing thoughts: There is no way in hell that the national anthem should be sung in Spanish. Now, it has already been established that I am usually on the side of the Spanish speakers, but in this case I will make an exception. The United States, for better or worse, is an English-speaking country. And though a large percentage of the population speaks Spanish, the national anthem is not a point of fucking negotiation. Living in California, I both understand and accept that many people living in this country do not speak English. I also understand and accept the fact that English is one of the most difficult and complex languages in the world, and not only is it a hard tongue to master, but some people just don't learn other languages easily. I can sympathize. But the national anthem was written in English, and should only be sung in English. Period. End of discussion.

Salaam Aleykum, Bitches!

1 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

aleykum wa salaam!!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home