Thursday, June 29, 2006

Quick thought:

Politicians should not be making decisions about combat tactics. Rear echelon people cannot effectively make decisions for people in the front lines. This is not prompted by anything I saw in the news, I'm just stating for the record. And if you want another opinion on the matter, just ask any soldier deployed in the field what they think, and they will tel you the same thing, only with more colorful language. Or, better yet, ask Michael J. Durant. Or any other member of Task Force Ranger. Hell, ask troops serving in the Great Sandbox right now. Bureaucrats have no place in the world of soldiers. Yet, they are inexplicably allowed to make choices that will affect the troops on the ground severely. This is bullshit. But, alas, I'm just one crazy man in a very large country. Malesh.

Salaam Aleykum, Bitches!

3 Comments:

Blogger ChargeOfQuarters said...

Having been overseas in Europe and then in Desert Shield/Storm, I totally agree. The best person who knows what is going on is the on-scene commander, not anyone else....

10:26 AM  
Blogger crazy bastard said...

Hooray! I'm not just ranting to myself anymore! My words are reaching mildly interested ears! Sort of. I don't know. I'm tired. Malesh.

5:06 PM  
Blogger ChargeOfQuarters said...

You are doing fine!!!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home